XP Days Benelux is an international conference where we learn to bring software to life and grow mature systems that support business needs.
It provides an excellent environment for exchanging ideas, hands-on exercises and extreme experiences.
What are we looking for?
What are you looking for?
What would make it a WOW session for you and our participants?
We’re interested in:
- Experiences with new and old techniques. What worked; what didn’t? Why? What have you learned?
- Unexpected ideas from other disciplines and sciences. How can we cross borders? What lessons have we missed? How can we collaborate better with people from other disciplines and departments?
- Ask for help from other participants. What scary problems confront you and your team?
- People from outside IT with an interesting story. What can we learn from their experience?
- Pushing the limits of techniques and organisations, doing the “impossible”. How far can you go if you challenge commonly accepted assumptions?
- Back to basics. What happens if we really take the Extreme Programming values of Simplicity, Commmunication, Feedback, Courage and Respectseriously?
- Taking back agile. What does “agile” really mean to you and why is it important?
- Questioning agile. Where, when and why would you not use agile methods? Why? What can we learn about context and applicability?
The XP Days community loves highly interactive sessions where everyone participates and learns from each other.
During review and selection, your session will receive bonus points when…
- … you have no slides. Think outside the box and sharpen your story telling skills.
- … it appeals to both technical and functional people. Involve the geeks, challenge the managers.
- … it has the “XP Factor”. Is it entertaining and crazy? Does it take people out of their comfort zone?
- … you’ve had a dry run. Did you join one of our try-outs? Did you send a video introduction?
- … your subject is fresh and original. Maybe something outside the domain of IT?
- … it has an original format. Doing something with fruit? Are there any sports involved? Great!
- … your session poses a question instead of giving an answer.
- … if you’re new to presenting at XP Days. First timers receive a warm welcome…
How does it work?
You propose your idea for a session: a title and a short description.From then on, organizers and session proposers work together to refine and improve your proposal, adding more information and improving the description and session content. We’ll give feedback and provide opportunities for try-outs. In return, we expect from you that you help others to turn their idea into a WOW session.
Yes but, I haven’t presented at a conference before.
You don’t need to be an experienced presenter, you “just” need one good idea or question to start with. And then you iterate and improve your idea with the help of the other presenters and the organizers.
We offer coaching for first-time presenters. Contact sessions if you want help proposing and refining your session.
Submit your proposal now. You have until July 5th 2015 to propose your idea. The sooner you send in your idea, the more feedback you will receive.